Wednesday, March 21, 2012

the infamous top 10 list

 Upon the request of my roommate, and all of single men in Wilmington (note the extreme sarcasm), I am going to post my infamous Top 10 list. For those of you that don't know, my Top 10 list is the top 10 things that would make (in my mind) the perfect man.

Now, we all know that no one is perfect. So, I'm negotiable on some of these. I'll note the ones that I'm NOT negotiable.

Call me shallow, but y'all know you had a list of "wants" in a mate or partner, right? Well, I'm just publicizing mine with the hope that the potential Mr. Geiger will read and take heed.

1. He must be a Christian. This one is non-negotiable. And, not just an "I believe in God" Christian, but a Bible-reading, spiritual leader.

2. He must like and know about football. This is a non-negotiable. Real men like football. The end. ;)

3. He must be able to tolerate dogs. This is a non-negotiable. I have a dog child. If a man couldn't at least tolerate him (because love will inevitably come with Hewitt) then we can't be.

4. He must be able to tolerate all of the voices I talk in. I have a voice that I use with my roommate, with my dog, with my friends. It's weird, I know.

5. He should drive a nice car. As to what I'm "nice" is negotiable, however, air-conditioner is a definite necessity. Shallow much?

6. He should be more than reasonably attractive. Perhaps a little less attractive than me...there is something to be said about being the prettier person in a relationship. I'm just sayin'...HA!

7. He should not be a couch potato at all times. He should want to do things with me...like go to the beach, or the dog park, teach me how to sail and/or paddleboard, or needlepoint or something.

8. He should be a good communicator. Relationships are hard enough without a lack of communication...seriously. Or, if not a good communicator, then he's working on it. This is non-negotiable.

9. He should respect traditional (and Biblical) gender roles. I don't mean pick out my outfits or tell me what I can and can't eat... it's something much deeper than that. See Ephesians 5 or 1 Corinthians 7.

10. He should be able to get along with or hang out with my family and vice-versa. You marry me, you marry my family and are stuck with us, for lack of a better term. This is non-negotiable.

Honorable Mention: Must love chocolate. How in the world would we ever share dessert if he didn't like chocolate? Even I'd get tired of that much banana pudding. The end.

Honorable Mention 2: He could dress like this and I wouldn't hate it.

Pinned Image



Okay, now that I've totally outed my shallow side. How about sharing some of your must-have characteristics in a mate/partner?


4 comments:

  1. Other than #1, I didn't have a list when I met my husband (I was only 20 so I hadn't really thought about it ).

    Here are the top 10 things I appreciate about my husband:
    1. He is a Christian. A church attending, tithing, growing one.
    2. He is a great dad.
    3. He supports (emotionally and financially) my dream of being home full-time with our kids.
    4. He still thinks I'm beautiful and he tells me so.
    5. He tells me every day that he loves me.
    6. He is very funny.
    7. He watches musicals with me.
    8. He listens to me, even when I'm talking about things that don't interest him (like fashion blogs).
    9. When I ask him to help me around the house he does it willingly and without grumbling.
    10. He is cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My question for you, now, is does he have a single brother? ;)

      Delete
  2. No, sorry. He only has a sister.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! When I started dating my husband I remember telling my roommate that "he will make SOMEONE a very good husband some day"... if I had had a list, I don't think he would have passed all 10 (besides cute, great dancer, and funny)... we just celebrated our 20th wedding anniversary. Moral? Don't discount them TOO fast... ;) Orangies Attic

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me SO happy! Go ahead...make my day. ;)

SEARCH THIS BLOG